The Own Your Birth Series is right for you if…
You are hoping to have a low-intervention hospital, birth center, or home birth.
This if your first pregnancy and you’re new to all things pregnancy, birth, and baby.
You’ve had a baby/babies and want a different experience this time.
Own Your Birth Series Information
Sundays, January 10, 24, 31 and February 7 from 1-4pm
*This series is ideal for families with due dates between early March and early May.*
Location: Little Tree Education, 314 Route 108, Madbury, NH
Cost: $249 per couple
Join me for this comprehensive and unique childbirth education series!
Own Your Birth Course Content
- Building your support team
- 3rd trimester health
- The anatomy, physiology, and hormones of the 3rd trimester
- Signs of early labor
- Creating a birth plan
- Warning signs of pre-term labor/other health concerns
- Emotional impact of the birth experience on the family
- Understanding typical labor progress and a few common variations
- Pain theories and preferences
- Comfort measures for each stage and variation of labor (some time will be spent each meeting on these)
- Hormones of labor
- When to go to your birth place
- Discussion of all your options at the hospital
- Epidural information
- Cesarean Section (planned and unplanned)
- Informed Choice
- Communication strategies to facilitate normal birth
- Involving your partner
- Pushing and the moment of your baby’s birth
Baby’s Arrival and Postpartum
- Skin-to-skin with your newborn
- Common newborn procedures
- Learning to breastfeed
- Your time at the hospital
- Recovering from birth
- Planning for postpartum wellness: family and community support, good nutrition, rest
- Baby blues, postpartum depression and anxiety
- Connecting with other new parents
Comprehensive Childbirth Education for the Seacoast of NH and southern ME
I know you probably have some fears, anxieties, and a lot of questions about your pregnancy and your upcoming birth. As a certified and experienced birth doula, I have a lot of information, guidance, and encouragement to offer. I’ve created this series so that you will be prepared to make autonomous, evidence-based decisions that are best for you and your family on your unique journey to parenthood.
I believe that childbirth education should be comprehensive, interactive, and fun. This series will offer you a wealth of good information, help you develop a toolbox of effective comfort techniques and coping strategies, help your partner gain confidence in supporting you, and provide you with knowledge of the birth process so you can trust labor and trust yourself. I want you to leave this series with great information as well as excitement about this momentous occasion in your life!
It will take place in a beautiful, comfortable setting and with 2-5 other couples in the series, you will have the opportunity to meet other parents-to-be who have a similar vision for their births while still being in an intimate enough setting to ask questions and practice hands-on techniques.
I have seen what a profound impact birthing experiences can have on the rest of a family’s life together and, through this childbirth education series, I strive to help families prepare for a birth experience in which they feel strong, confident, and trusted.
I hope you’ll join me and I look forward to meeting you! ~ Taylor
My clients have shared that our prenatal visits have been incredibly valuable to them. I’ve taken the content for those visits and expanded it to create this series.
I felt prepared. I credit that to our 2 prenatal meetings where we walked through things. Taylor helped me think through common interventions and how I might respond to them. I felt like I was prepared for various outcomes and scenarios because we walked through them together. Those prenatal visits are worth their weight in gold. They helped prepare my husband for his role in supporting me in labor. He felt like he played a part and was less of a background player than he previously expected to be. I felt like I had a prepared team and everyone was in it together.
Do you have more questions?
If you need more information to be sure this series is the right fit for you, I’d love to chat!
Ready to join us?
This series will fully prepare you for a low-intervention birth at a hospital, birth center, or at home.